Jain Vishwa Bharati was established by the foresighted vision of Gurudev Shri Tulsi and Acharya Mahapragya in Ladnun, Rajasthan, India in 1970. Presently, JVB is privileged to receive its inspiration from H. H. Acharya Shri Mahashraman. JVB Orlanado operates under the guidance of visiting Samanijis from Jain Vishwa Bharati, India. Jain Vishwa Bharati Orlando is one of three satellite organization of JVB in USA, and enjoys a permanent facility in Orlando, Florida. JVB Orlando center was inaugurated in 1996.
Our Motto, Mission & Goal
Lord Mahavir said 2500 years ago:
‘Nanassa Saram Ayaro’ meaning “Right conduct is the essence of knowledge.”
This spiritual voice is the motto of Jain Vishwa Bharati.
The mission of JVB is to integrate modern science with the ancient wisdom of the great spiritual practitioners and visionary seers. The first and foremost task of Jain Vishwa Bharati has been to develop an International Center of Jainological Studies and Research. The Center aims at imparting higher education and preparing scholars in this little-explored treasure of knowledge and conducting research in different sciences hidden in Jain Agams, and to bring them to light by translating them from Prakrit into Hindi, English, and other major languages of the world.
The main goal of Jain Vishwa Bharti Orlando is to spread the message of Jainism and Ahimsa(Non violence). JVB Orlando brings together the energies of the community and touches lives especially of the young generation so that they come closer to the philosophy, religion, culture, Jain studies, and human life science enhancement activities. A unique place where to go to when most of us look for spiritual upliftment and think about Jainism for our coming generations.
To provide our young children a basis of Jainism as Bhagwan Shri Mahavira taught us.
To practice Jainism at the Jain Vishwa Bharti Center, as well as meditation, yoga and other religious activities which we all look forward to progress on.
To have a Deharasar for prayers, center will function as an Upashraya for all Jains.
All around the year, Samanijis will reside at Jain Vishwa Bharti Center to provide guidance to all Jains visiting the center.
Fundamentals of Jain Vishwa Bharati
Anuvrat – A Code of Conduct for Building a Healthy Society.
- To inspire people to observe self-restraint irrespective of their caste, color, creed, country or language.
- To establish the values of friendship, unity, peace and morality.
- To build a non-violent society.
- Intellectual revolution
- Acquainting people with the philosophy of Anuvrat.
- Making them trust spiritual, moral and human values.
- Inspiring them to become Anuvratis.
- Behavioral revolution
- Balancing change of heart and social Order.
- Everyone believing in developing character can be an Anuvrati.
- Anuvrati – one who pledges to follow Anuvrats, Anuvrats of the class concerned, and the rules pertaining to the sustained practice of Anuvrat.
- Anuvrati in relation to one’s class – one who follows or practices the Anuvrats of the class concerned.
Preksha dhyana is a technique of meditation for attitudinal change, behavioral modification and, integrated development of personality. It is based on the wisdom of ancient philosophy and has been formulated in terms of modern scientific concepts. We hope that the synthesis of ancient wisdom and modern scientific knowledge would help us in achieving the blissful aim of establishing amity, peace, and happiness in the world by eradicating the bestial urges such as cruelty, retaliation, and hatred.
Science of Living (Jeevan Vigyan) by Acharya Mahaprgya
“Science of Living is a process of bringing about changes in the nature and habits of human beings. It can pave the way for building a healthy society through positive feelings.”
“Science of Living is a system of yogic exercises, yogic Asanas, Pranayam, Preksha Dhyan, Kayotsarg and contemplations
“Science of Living makes us aware of the conditions of morality, dignity of labour and our responsibilities.”
“Science of Living is a unique combination of discretion and emotions.”
Gurudev Shri Tulsi established Jain Vishwa Bharati Institute as a model University for the 21st Century in the quest for truth and human happiness. The University currently offers two-year postgraduate courses and three-year undergraduate courses commencing from September of every year. The main focus is on the following:
- Jainology and Comparative Religion and Philosophy
- Science of Living, Preksha Meditation and Yoga
- Nonviolence, Anuvrat, and Peace Studies
- Prakrit and Jain Agama
- Social Work (Manav Dharma)
- Correspondence courses in MA in Jainology and comparative Religion and Philosophy.
- Certificate course in Science of Living and Preksha Meditation.